Good news! ♥ Tomorrow’s not just Valentine’s Day, but the international bookgiving day of the year as well!♥♥ Why not a combination of the two? Sounds good to me.
So what is International Bookgiving Day??
International Book Giving Day takes place on 14th February each year. The aim? To get books into the hands of as many children as possible.
14th February is about sharing the love of books! #bookgivingday
International Book Giving Day is a 100% volunteer initiative aimed at increasing children’s access to and enthusiasm for books.
- Most children in developing countries do not own books.
- In the United Kingdom, one-third of children do not own books.
- In the United States, two-thirds of children living in poverty do not own books.
International Book Giving Day’s focus is on encouraging people worldwide to give a book to a child on February 14th. We invite individuals to
1) gift a book to a friend or family member,
2) leave a book in a waiting room for children to read
3) donate a gently used book to a local library, hospital or shelter or to an organization that distributes used books to children in need internationally.
If you wanna know how to get involved, go to: